Thursday, August 30, 2007

New Experiences...

So today was the official start of my bulldog adventures. At Ms State they had what they called "Cowbell Yell" today. For some reason I was completely dumb to the fact that I would be out of place if I had no cowbell in hand. There was some 1000 or more students there and a whole crew of adults waiving about cowbells like a bunch of crazy rednecks. It was truly a culture shock for me. This cowbell yell was exactly what the title said, there was a bunch of cowbells and a bunch of yelling. One thing I thought was rather funny was we are playing my favorite tomorrow - LSU- and this was the official pep rally for the game so I thought I would hear a lot of trash talk about LSU when it fact it was not that way at all. The one phrase that I heard the most was "go to -you know where- ole miss." How funny is that!?!? You do not even have to play them to show your anger towards them!

Tomorrow is going to be day 2 of new experiences. They picked a mighty big game to try to break me in. First off its LSU and there is NO way I pull against them so i might be the only purple and gold in the student section. Then this might be there biggest game of the year... ESPN is even going to be here! - they were also there tonight taping the yelling rednecks shaking their artificial noise makers that are supposedly prohibited in the stadium. Lastly, it is a Thursay game, which is not common. So that basically means it makes parking for classes tomorrow very bad!!! So tomorrow ought to break me in! - if i make it through it!

Geaux Tigers!! beat STATE!

4 comments:

  1. woo hoo!!! geaux tigers!!!!
    (don't get hurt!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is so funny! Sounds like culture shock city!
    I'm glad you have a blog. You should post often. I used to post on mine every few days, but can I hardly find the time now. But we need to know of the happenings of your life in Starkville :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i watched some of it. that's so funny that you sat with the band. i'm glad you found fellow lsu fans. :) i wish i could have seen you longer this weekend. thanks for holding knox for a while!!! :)

    ReplyDelete