Saturday, August 23, 2008

An Update on my busy busy life!

Sorry I did not post this week. I found out when I got back to school that I do not have intenet until after labor day. So you may be asking how I am blogging right now. The answer- I found one location in my apartment where I can pick up on my neighbor's wireless internet.. so I am stealing the internet for a little while.

Last week I ordered a new laptop! I have wanted a mac for a long long long time and I finally ordered it. Right now, if you are a student, you can get a discount and a free iPod touch, so it was good time to make a purchase. My iPod came in before I left for school, but my macbook did not come until two days after I left, so I have yet to get it. My mom mailed it to me and it should be here Monday!! I am sooo excited about getting it in and playing with it! I have had way way too much fun with my iPod this week! It is wonderful! If anyone is in the market for a new iPod, I highly recommend the touch!

On to other things... I started classes this week :(. They are NO fun! By Wednesday, I was trying to figure out how I could change my major and still graduate the first of May. This semester is just going to be terrible and there is no changing that, so I am going to have to suck it up and get over it. I have early classes everyday. After labor day I will have to be in class at 7:30 everyday and then after Halloween I will have to be in West Point at 7:15 everyday. West Point is a good 30 minute drive from my apartment, so that is going to stink!

I have not done too much cooking this week, which may be why I am a little stressed today. I did bake a creamcheese- pecan pie last night and it was WONDERFUL!! Tomorrow for lunch, we will be having lasagna, so I have to put it together today so I can just put it in the oven tomorrow! Hopefully sometime today, I can get a menu put together for the week.

I have a lot of luck shopping this week, which is really not a good thing for my wallet. I needed some more teacher clothes, so I stopped at Target and Old Navy on the way back to Starkville. I found some great pieces that are perfect for teaching, and were super on sale! I went to dirt cheap this week and found some more great pieces for $2 a piece! Then my favorite purchase of the week was my down comforter I got for $10. It is AMAZING!!!

This weekend I will be traveling to Ruston for the MS State- LA Tech football game! I will be staying with some friends from high school, I have not seen in a while, so it will be a nice get away! The next weekend, I will be attending Julie and Kevin's wedding in Oxford! Then the next weekend is Bulldog Bash. Hopefully all of these weekend plans will keep my mind clear of the misery I will be enduring during the week!

Geaux Tigers!!

2 comments:

  1. i seriously could not imagine getting up that early. right now i think 7:30 is about to kill me. last night chad hung up the painting you gave us. it looks so good. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting up early pretty much stinks. i love our new mac. I am glad you got one, too. :) And kudos on the good purchases! I got some good ones this weekend, too! :) Where did you get your $10 down comforter???

    ReplyDelete