Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to School

- for the last time, as a student... well kind of. I am actually not even considered a student, rather a Teacher Candidate. I'm excited for this semester to come and go, but not too excited for the break to already be over. I will be student teaching this semester at East Oktibbeha Elementary school. I will have sixth grade and third grade. I got my first choices on both placements, so I was extremely thrilled! This Saturday is kind of make or break for me. I have to take the Praxis 2. I am pretty nervous. I have to pass it to get my certificate to teach. On Monday, I went to the Wilkinson County School District office to turn in my resume and ended up filling out my application and having an interview. It was my first real post- college interview. I think it went really well. The superintendent asked me several questions about why I want to teach and why I chose Wilkinson County. He said he could not hire me now, obviously, but after I got my praxis scores to him and my certificate number then he would say I was pretty much a shew in. Wilkinson County is my first choice so I hope I pass this test Saturday so I can breath easy until May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment