Saturday, September 13, 2008

I am a college student

This past week, the senior education majors received our applications to student teach, I mean our application for the teacher internship. During this meeting, we basically we were basically told that it did not matter how much money we paid MSU, we were no longer college students attending MSU, we are teacher candidates applying for a job everywhere we go. I have no problem grasping the concept that we are applying for a job everywhere we go, especially since the principal of the school I am currently at will be writing us a letter of recommendation. However, I do have a small problem understanding the part about not being a college student. I like to think as long as I am paying tuition, I am a college student. 

Last week I made a menu for the next month and went grocery shopping for the whole month. Of course, there will be some things that we have to go get later, but for the most part we have everything we will need! We have established Thursday night as homemade pizza night! I have been making just a plain pizza dough, but this past week I used Claire's wheat pizza dough. (I tried to link that, but if it does not work, click on Claire on the side of my blog) Usually we just make cheese pizza, but I made chicken pizza for me and Jess and a small cheese pizza for Spenser. 

Sunday I going to attempt to make a roast.. I never tried this so hopefully it comes out! Wednesday is fettucini alfredo! 

Last  night I got brave and made praline- cheesecake homemade icecream! It is SOOO good!

I did not go see Gavin last night :( I fell asleep... but it was much needed sleep. I just wish I could have falled asleep earlier in the day so I could have made it to go see Gavin. 

LSU plays N. Texas today ..... GEAUX TIGERSS

State plays Auburn - they may get their butts kicked!!! 

1 comment: