Tuesday, June 17, 2008

LSU Baseball = : )

Today's game gave me heart failure. All LSU sports seem to do that to me. I decided to go to class for a little while and leave early to watch the last half of the game! I am glad I did! By the time I was able to get home, LSU was down by four. You could barely hear the LSU fans in the stands. It seemed to be a little depressing. My mom was already sending me text saying it was over. But, I am the type of person who has faith until the game is over.. even if we are loosing by 30. With that said, of course I believed we could and would still win! LSU is known as the fourth quarter team in football and has appeared to be an eighth inning team in baseball, so I anxiously waited on the eighth inning so we would rally and make this grand come back!! When the eighth inning finally came around we were down by four. Winning was definitely an option! All we needed was a grand slam to tie the game, and I have seen these boys pull that off more than once so I was not worried at all. Then the eighth inning was over and we had not scored. I will admit, I had lost a little hope since we usually rally during the eighth and that did not happen, but I knew we were the home team so we had one more shot. The TIGERS took the field and quickly got three outs! Then we batted and got several base hits, scored a run, then loaded the bases. I knew at that point if we had any shot at winning the game it would happen right now. And it did! The beast, Blake Dean, came to back and knocked the crap out of the ball and three runs scored and the game was called! We WON! It was soooo exciting!! I yelled a lot and now have a sore throat! Then I realized.... we either have to play North Carolina again or a team that beat North Carolina. I am afraid my heart failure is just beginning! At least Thursday's game will be at 6 pm so I will not have to miss class again! I am sure if anyone has decided to read this, they are probably thinking I am crazy, but oh well! I love me some LSU sports!

Here is the link the wining article!

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1481208&DB_OEM_ID=5200

3 comments:

  1. You should be a sports writer...I don't like sports at all but I enjoyed your blog and read it to Joey. He liked it too...even if it was about LSU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who cares?? bo peneli!! he's the man!

    ReplyDelete