Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update on mom... She is doing good today. She came out of surgery around 6 yesterday evening. She has been up and down several times today. We just talked to her a little while ago and she says she will be up and out of there in no time (ha ha- we will see).

So I did not think it was possible, but I burned chicken stock today.... twice. I was making homemade chicken noodle soup and the stock kept burning. I am blaming it on my pot. I cannot remember one single time I have used it without something burning in it. After my two failed attempts at soup, we had cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce and spinach salad and garlic bread. It was an easy last minute meal!

Classes might be a little harder than I thought they were going to be. My world civ class has lectures online that I have to listen to and take test on. The whole point of online school is to get out of the lectures... I have 5- 6 hours of lecture to listen to a week. :( Then American Lit will be the death of me this summer. We have a million things to read each week. I like literature but not 175 pages a week worth. My British lit class is super easy!! We do not have really anything to do in that class. I wish that was my American lit class. I would much rather read the passages from the British lit book than the American lit one. oh well, at least I have one break! Psychology of the Exceptional Child is interesting. My teacher had a stroke and has a speech impediment, so it is kind of difficult to understand him. He is so nice though!

Saturday I am bringing Windell and Rachael to the Tupelo zoo and buffalo park then we are going to the Antique Car Museum. It will be a fun and LONG day!

Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear about your mom recovering well. Your food sounds really good. I don't know how you burned stock, but maybe little bits of food in the stock got stuck to the bottom? I don't know. Anyway, I know your "back up meal" was wonderful. Your alfredo is the best I have ever had. I seriously want your recipe. Maybe I'll cook it for dinner tonight. Yummmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the zoo sounds like sooo mcuh fun. I want to go again. We took knox about a year ago, but he was a little too little to understand what was going on. I think he'd love it now.

    ReplyDelete